Advice From Cookies I've Eaten

~Forgiveness does not change the past, but it will enlarge the future~

~Take no risks with your reputation!~

~Respect for others is peace. Respect for yourself is happiness.~

~You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with.~

~When things go wrong don't go with them.~

~Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will!~

~To ignore the facts doesn't change the facts.~

~Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.~

~Live every day up to your expectations not others.~

Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TRYING NEW THINGS!

You would all be so proud of me! I have been trying so many new things here. For lunch I ate Black Pudding (look it up and you will understand)-- very good though.
For supper I went to the pub that is attached to the hotel. I had lemonade (which is clear), Guinness battered fish (which was half of a fish), chips (fries), and ready for it.......mushy peas. I had to try them. They are pretty good. It is like split pea soup only boiled down so it is as thick as mashed potatoes with lentils and no meat. They aren't very seasoned so after some salt and pepper it was pretty good. I don't think I'd would want to eat them all the time but now and then would be OK.
Both the Black Pudding and Mushy Peas are veeerrryyy Scottish.

PS-- No ranch dressing for the chips so don't get to excited!
PSS-- Another weird thing is that pubs here don't have bar stools. Everybody stands at the bar. I suppose if they get too drunk to stand then they cut them off. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment