Advice From Cookies I've Eaten

~Forgiveness does not change the past, but it will enlarge the future~

~Take no risks with your reputation!~

~Respect for others is peace. Respect for yourself is happiness.~

~You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with.~

~When things go wrong don't go with them.~

~Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will!~

~To ignore the facts doesn't change the facts.~

~Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.~

~Live every day up to your expectations not others.~

Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crazy For Crackers!

I ate lunch today at the little cafe next door to the hotel called Hula. It is a tropical themed restaurant-- very cute. I ordered a 1/2 order of toMAto (think snobby British accent) soup and cheese toast (a thick slice of wonderful homemade bread covered in cheese and toasted) and a smoothie.
When I asked for some crackers I was told they didn't have any.
"Really? Oh you must be out of them because you've been so busy with the festival!"
She looked at me like I was an idiot "No we (the Scots) don't do crackers....(deep forbearing sigh)....... You're in Scotland Dear!"
Submissively I ask with still a little hope in my voice "Not even saltines?"
"No crackers!"
I ate the soup anyway and it was delish.
The cheese toast was addicting and the smoothie is a must have again.
But soup without crackers is an acquired taste.

PS In Edinburgh there are just as many people sitting outside to eat as there are inside.

This is a 1/2 order of soup! The bread in Scotland is AWESOME!!!!!
The tables were decorated with pineapples. The splenda packets aren't powder. Instead they are like little tic-tacs. The sugars are cute with the Scottish flag on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment