Advice From Cookies I've Eaten

~Forgiveness does not change the past, but it will enlarge the future~

~Take no risks with your reputation!~

~Respect for others is peace. Respect for yourself is happiness.~

~You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with.~

~When things go wrong don't go with them.~

~Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will!~

~To ignore the facts doesn't change the facts.~

~Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.~

~Live every day up to your expectations not others.~

Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The House and My Room

These are some of the house and grounds and my room.
This is Dalkieth Palace. It is owned by a family named Buccleuch (buck-clue). It is over 300 years old. They are doing work on it right now. My room is on the otherside of the rightside where the three chimneys are. It is where the inside one is at. What you see is only about 1/4 of the place.
I am standing in front of the house looking out at the main entrance to the grounds.

This is the window in my room. It looks out at the Esk River. Esk in Galeic means water. Dalkieth means dal=valley & kieth=narrow. So narrow valley because it is between the East and West Esk River.
Closer view.
Closer still!
My Room. There are 3 beds. I arrived first and picked the best bed. When I lay in bed I have an amazing view out the window.
The other side of the room. Jenny is on the right with the beautiful lime green sheets and Jessica on the left.
The hall outside my room.
The bathroom.
Showers. The box that the hose is attached to is the heater. Each shower has its own heater. There is very little water pressure but it gets really really hot!
This is what they call Henry the Hoover. Here when you vaccum the floor it is called Hoovering. So you say I'm going to go Hoover my room.
Aren't they cute!!!

3 comments:

  1. They add a little female charm to the very male house. Most of the house is very mannly with antlers up on the wall and deer heads, ect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pink but I think that is too pink, even for me

    ReplyDelete