Advice From Cookies I've Eaten

~Forgiveness does not change the past, but it will enlarge the future~

~Take no risks with your reputation!~

~Respect for others is peace. Respect for yourself is happiness.~

~You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with.~

~When things go wrong don't go with them.~

~Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will!~

~To ignore the facts doesn't change the facts.~

~Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.~

~Live every day up to your expectations not others.~

Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Life In My New Home

Hello All!
I'm having a grand time! The time here at the house has passed by so fast. They have kept us so busy that yesterday morning was the first I had to go to the store. I'm going to give a little bit of info but I will give more detail on it later when I have more time to devote to it.
So Thursday we all arrived. Most of the students are from Minnesota schools and the rest are from Wis schools. But the students are from all over. One student, Maxwell, is going to school in MN right now but is from Ghana, Africa.
I have two roommates. Jenny is 20 majoring in Chemistry. She is going to school in the Twin Cities area right now but was born and raised in Hawaii. Jessica is 20 majoring in English and is from the Twin Cities area. I'm very lucky to have two such nice girls to room with.
I am just about the oldest one in the house. Besides the the academic director and 2 of the professors everyone is very young. Even Patty the resident director is 4 or 5 years younger than me. It is a different experience living with a bunch of kids. Out of the 45 other students, 35 of them are 21 or younger.
They had orientations on Thursday, Friday, Sat., and Sun. Thursday when we all got here were shown where our rooms were and unpacked. Then from 15:30 (a lot of
Scotland goes by 24 hour time) to 19:00 we were in lecture. Friday we had lecture from 8:00 to 12:30, then lunch, lecture 13:00 to 19:00 then supper. Sat we had lecture 9:00 to 12:00, lunch till 13:00, then we went to Edinburgh and got into the castle for free. Sunday was more lecture until 10:30 and then there was a clan building exercise in Edinburgh. [we have all been put into clans as a way to organize us into groups for work, ect] {my clan is Douglas: Very Cool!} They had set up an Amazing Race (based off of some TV show) in Edinburgh, but my allergies have flared up really bad and has become bronchitis so I did not go. Instead I stayed home and slept. I am now finally feeling better but my lungs are still really congested. Oh well... just the price to pay to live in SCOTLAND!!!
Did I mention I'm in SCOTLAND!!!!!!! =)
On Monday (yesterday) we started classes so there were no lectures taking up all my time and I went into town and finally got medicine and tissues. The stores here are only open 9:00 to 18:00 and most are closed on Sun. And then my clan is on dinner duty this week.
Well I have to go. I also have a house job.
I will post more later.
Hope everyone is doing well. Drop me a line every now and then. Mama and Brittany are the only ones I've heard from. =(
Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment